We, the members of Hope Lutheran Church, Tatamy, believe that we are called and gathered to be God’s people in this place. The symbol of our congregation is an anchor within a cross. The cross represents Christ. The anchor represents hope. Christ is our anchor and our hope in this life and the next. The words of Scripture which provide focus and directions for the promise which God has given us in Jesus Christ: the promise of new life now and new life to come. As the baptized people of God, we are created by God in Christ, empowered by the Holy Spirit, called and sent to bear witness to God’s creative, redeeming, and sanctifying activity in the world.
To be God’s people and participate in God’s mission, this congregation shall be:
- A nurturing community where all are spiritually fed through worship, proclamation of the word, administration of the sacraments and prayer, caring for one another and sharing Christ’s love with all people;
- A learning community, embracing the traditions of our Lutheran heritage, and providing faith development and spiritual growth for present and future generations;
- A witnessing community, reaching out to all people to bring them to faith in Christ;
- A serving community responding to human needs, caring for the sick and aged, working for justice and peace, and working with others to build a better world for all God’s children;
- A giving community dedicated to being faithful and generous stewards of our time, talents, and treasure in support of our congregation’s ministry and the wider ministry of our Northeastern Pennsylvania Synod and our Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.
Tatamy enjoys the atmosphere and closeness of a small village. Our congregation reflects this atmosphere and closeness. We are a warm, friendly and welcoming “family” in Christ. This “family” closeness is something to be cherished and built upon. New housing developments and the expected population increase present the greatest challenge to our community and congregation. We are committed to being open and welcoming to all our new neighbors, while continuing to be a warm and friendly “family” in Christ.
In an effort to follow Christ, we, the family of Hope Lutheran Church, dedicate ourselves:
- To worship God in loving reverence and sincere thankfulness
- To continually learn and grow through God’s Word
- To witness by being a working example, lighting the way for others
- To serve the needs of all people through God’s love
- To provide support for the physical and spiritual needs of the Church
In our effort to fulfill these goals, we pray for steadfast faith and enthusiastic commitment.